2016 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron in Canada

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a nice Christmas present today. Received my 2016 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron Technik today.

Found that I cannot register for Audi connect e-tron services at https://myaudiconnect.com. It requires a US zip code and only offers a list of US states (no provinces). So far, with respect to this feature - fail! (this website is in the A3 manual that came with the car).

Everything else - fantastic!

Very unfortunately there is no SIM slot in the Canadian version, so we'll never have this feature in the Great White North. Canada does not have true 4G yet, but you'd think Audi would have included the slot for the future possibility. Very shortsighted.

So. It appears I will have a wonderful scuba blue A3 technik in a few months. Here in Canada.

I still have my 2009 VW Rabbit. Would it be a good idea to keep it for winter time?

I feel like having two cars for a single person is pushing the luxury a bit too far... Any thoughts?

This SIM Saga seems to be a major pain.

IMHO the two SIM services should have been integrated together to start with.

Let the forum know how the issue evolves. Please.

jerry3561":1t23oclf said:
Have you tried either of the following sites?
https://my.audi.com
https://www.a3etron.audi.com

Also, even if you do not have a SIM card slot, there may be a SIM already built into the e-tron, there certainly is on EU spec e-trons.

I was able to register on https://my.audi.com. Unfortunately my VIN shows the car as an A3 Sportback TDI.

I have a message in with the dealer to look into the whole Audi Connect/e-tron Connect issue.

Such a bummer that there's no connected service for the car here in Canada. I love that aspect and was hoping it would be possible.

Hate when they say there's no 4G yet in Canada. We've had solid LTE coverage for years.

Got mine a few days ago.

Indeed, there is no connection whatsoever in the car. Actually there seems to be no Audi Connect Services at large in Canada, on any model.

So much for being in 2016...

And I expect to see very few A3 E-trons on the road. I as understand it, at least at my dearlership, they only ordered or got a few and they are gone. They didn't even kept the demo I tried before buying, it's sold.

That said it's a really nice car, I love it.

Dominic":32be8w7d said:
Got mine a few days ago.

Indeed, there is no connection whatsoever in the car. Actually there seems to be no Audi Connect Services at large in Canada, on any model.

So much for being in 2016...

And I expect to see very few A3 E-trons on the road. I as understand it, at least at my dearlership, they only ordered or got a few and they are gone. They didn't even kept the demo I tried before buying, it's sold.

That said it's a really nice car, I love it.

They do seem to be quite rare. I put in an order for an e-tron in late February and they've said the demand is high enough (and likely supply low enough) that it's still nearly 2 months away before delivery.

And yes, quite sad that there's no Audi Connect service here at all.

According to my dealer Audi connect is coming to Canada later this year, their sales guys have signed up for training in preparation for it.

I was able to register under https://my.audi.com/, it came up as an A3 Sportback TDI as well and only thing under Audi connect is map updates for the NAV. The update was huge 16GB! it took over took 2 hours to download and over an hour to update in the car.

Hi ZetaMSZ006

Thanks for the info on the available GPS update.
I tried to download the file but I get a .jnlp extension and I'm not sure what to use for that file type.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, the fact that Audi Canada has our cars listed as a TDI is disappointing. I did contact Audi Canada on this and they said they'll look to address that error. Who knows how long they'll take.

First make sure you are using IE as the browser, then you need to go to Java and update it. Once that is done go ahead and try again, if you have the updated Java it will run the .jnlp file automatically and you will get a Java logo.

According to my dealer Audi connect is coming to Canada later this year, their sales guys have signed up for training in preparation for it.

Heard it is coming for A4 and Q7, have yet top hear if it's coming for the A3.... Just rumours right now. Really hoping it does come to Canada for the 2017 Models.

I should clarify, I did not meant that it's coming on the A3 specifically, just that it will finally be available in Canada.

Confirmed with a dealer A4 is coming with Audi Connect as an option at $520 in Canada.... No word on A3. Not on the order sheets, nor as an option. Most likely will not be available for 2017...

ZetaMSZ006":kze9zpyl said:

I was able to register under https://my.audi.com/, it came up as an A3 Sportback TDI as well and only thing under Audi connect is map updates for the NAV. The update was huge 16GB! it took over took 2 hours to download and over an hour to update in the car.

The site's down,it allows me to order a 64Gb SD from Amazon to download the map update.The SD slot's in that box in the glove compartment? Did you/anyone else have any routing issues before the update,what version is it? Looking for an update because the GPS has started routing me north,into a bunch of streets,then back south to the street I could have stayed on. If I wasn't in a familiar city,what a waste of range/gas. One recent address,it had NO idea the street was now a dead end [over 10 years],making me VERY LATE for my meeting. My 2013 vehicle's GPS knew this.I notice on the website there's no release date for the update,just 2016/2017, or file size if it wasn't for your post,16Gb,thanks.

ZetaMSZ006":12jm5ky7 said:
First make sure you are using IE as the browser, then you need to go to Java and update it. Once that is done go ahead and try again, if you have the updated Java it will run the .jnlp file automatically and you will get a Java logo.

Once you put the SD card in either slot 1 or 2, was it instantly recognized when you navigated to the path to update the gps?
I've tried both slots and neither would be "discovered" by the car (both were greyed out).

hangtime10":1dhru1t9 said:
ZetaMSZ006":1dhru1t9 said:

Once you put the SD card in either slot 1 or 2, was it instantly recognized when you navigated to the path to update the gps?
I've tried both slots and neither would be "discovered" by the car (both were greyed out).

I seem to remember two files on the SD card. One was data and I think the other was a loader maybe? I inserted the SD card, then went to the nav system settings and found something about update. Then it found the card and went at it. It updated while the car was on and took maybe an hour. During that time, everything (including the nav) was available as normal. The update ran completely in the background.

Note that I'm in the US, so I don't know if there are technical differences between our cars.

Back