Looking for 12v switched wire from overhead console

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid3

I want to install a dashcam and was looking for a power source located where the overhead console is. I bought a USB adapter that will convert the 12/24v line to 5v. I spent couple of hour trying to locate a line but was unsuccessful. I figure the power roof must have a 12/24v powered when the ignition is on.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for 2017 A3 Etron or know if a switched power source exist in the overhead console.

Thanks!

Isn't the fuse box down between the steering wheel and the light switch?

That's pretty reachable if you're looking for a power source... and everything is labeled. ;)

ShadyJC":2qmke0mu said:
Isn't the fuse box down between the steering wheel and the light switch?

That's pretty reachable if you're looking for a power source... and everything is labeled. ;)

Yes, that will be my last resort as getting the source from the overhead console will mean less wire to run. I was planning to place the dashcam behind the rear view mirror.

In the past I had an Audi A5 and remember I went looking for a switched wire from the overhead console (normally I would pull from the mirror or the Homelink or something) and eventually just went to the fusebox.

I'm likely going to try to wire in my Valentine this coming week so I'll let you know what I find in terms of available wires.

ShadyJC":hm75tq0i said:
I'm likely going to try to wire in my Valentine this coming week so I'll let you know what I find in terms of available wires.

Thanks, I was able to remove the overhead console and there was a bunch of wires. At first I tapped into the 4 wires controlling the power roof. It seem to be a switched 24v wire but when I connected my USB adapter it effect the control of the roof. Basically lost all control of the roof.

I also found a large plug with 4 wires, two wires seem to be 24v live all the time.

Back