Lowered (eibach) with S3 wheels

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rpgonzalez

Ordered springs from Germany like user "5x112". I agree that the car has a very nice OEM ride quality, but taking corners is much much more fun. The drop seems to be a tiny bit more than an inch. I would need a before measurement.

Found s3 wheels on craigslist. 18" wheels are orders of magnitude better than the 17" wheels. Even my wife noticed!

Purchased from tunershop.com part# E10-15-021-15-22

http://www.tunershop.com/Eibach_spr...(Audi)_x200_230_234x_p1082248_h3_m112635.html

35430210166_d78c6a9f32_b.jpg

More photos
https://flic.kr/s/aHskXDmBWL
Before Drop:
https://flic.kr/p/V9hchh

Looks good! What tyres do you have on the new wheels? Has the ride suffered much going from 17" wheels with stock suspension to 18" with lowering springs? Do the lowering springs improve the handling significantly?

Trodderus":jlxryzs8 said:
Looks good! What tyres do you have on the new wheels? Has the ride suffered much going from 17" wheels with stock suspension to 18" with lowering springs? Do the lowering springs improve the handling significantly?

I got goodyear eagle sports. The ride has remained virtually unchanged, but the handling and steering response brings this car to what I expected in the first place buying a german car. Someone high up thought PHEV drivers somehow like having their Audis look like a honda fit. :roll:

The new tires improved turn-in response and cornering stability. The OEM contipros must have weak sidewalls, or its the fact that I sized up... I dont know. This comes with a caveat however. You should get a second opinion, but my opinion is that the road noise has increased as dramatically as handling. Again, I dont know if its tire choice or the lower profile tire, but im not happy with the road noise. Whatever. Ill turn the stereo up. :D

The eibach springs keep the car flat. Ill venture to say that the tires will break loose if i try to see how fast I can go around a corner. The OEM springs on the other hand remind me of my wifes prius. And Im not even kidding. The OEM suspension on the e-tron was somehow intended to appeal to drivers who miss their Fit. :lol:

salvadorsantana":9ktln2kb said:
Same here, got my car back today. Ordered Eibach from Germany and S3 take off wheels and tires

80-img_2052_4037217af0c7b3f6799254039435a767ceeaf038.jpg
yes yes yes :mrgreen: Beautiful. I searched high and low for those wheels, even found a set within driving distance and screwed around with negotiating until I lost the deal. Ended up paying a little more for my set of S3 wheels, but to be honest I was seriously chickening out on going with 19's for a variety of reasons.

Love the look of the lower profile. I purchased the Eibach springs that arrived yesterday. My question is did either of you attempt to install the new springs yourself? If you did can you offer some tips? I've found a few how to videos on Youtube but, I wanted to hear first hand from someone who has done it themselves.

Thanks.

Back