Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New e-tron
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:46 am 

Rpgonzalez wrote:
I had emmanuele design do the work too. Weird, they said they couldnt find any info on the Eibach springs, so I ordered them myself. I was just there this wed (June 21).

Anyway, did you think the Emmanuele Design Springs were too aggressive?

Emmanuele did not recommend me to use their springs since the e-tron is 400lbs heavier than the A3 or S3. So I guess the only option left was to order Eibach from Germany.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 am 

These are the same conclusions I reached a year ago. Eibach springs for an Etron are not avail in US so you have to order them yourself from the Netherlands, Germany, etc (mine got to Florida in about 2 weeks). They are marginally more aggressive than the stock s3 spring ( the S3 4 door is about 1/4" higher than my etron) but I think the ride is less harsh on mine. There really is no other "safe" alternative to Eibach due to the extra weight. I would add that the handling is vastly improved, even just with springs. After a year, I don't regret the upgrade.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:47 pm 

5x112 wrote:
These are the same conclusions I reached a year ago. Eibach springs for an Etron are not avail in US so you have to order them yourself from the Netherlands, Germany, etc (mine got to Florida in about 2 weeks). They are marginally more aggressive than the stock s3 spring ( the S3 4 door is about 1/4" higher than my etron) but I think the ride is less harsh on mine. There really is no other "safe" alternative to Eibach due to the extra weight. I would add that the handling is vastly improved, even just with springs. After a year, I don't regret the upgrade.

Luckily when I ordered mine it took only 2 days to arrive from Germany to Miami, FL. I have had several cars during my lifetime from VW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche...almost all of them with suspension work done...and I can tell that the Eibach's on the e-tron provide a great drop (more than enough) and the ride still just as OEM.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:18 pm 

Looks great, though less practical up here in Canada... :)

How are you guys ordering foreign parts? I'd LOVE to get my hands on the trailer hitch that's available in some markets. Anyone I can bribe into ordering and sending it on to me?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:30 pm 

Wheels and lowering look great!.. Regarding foreign parts, you don't have a problem unless it's audi. Most parts distributors will ship to north america. I had no problem getting my Eibach springs from the netherlands. If it's audi parts you want that are not avail here, yes, you would have to hire someone to pick them up at the parts store for you and ship it. Pretty sure there are some hungry pack and ship places overthere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:49 pm 

But make sure you know what you are getting, and how much it will cost to ship. In many cases the factory trailer hitches for VAG cars are complete bumper bar replacements, very big, very heavy, and probably VERY expensive to ship from Europe. They may not be compatible with North American hitch accessories either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 am 

I have a spare euro plate filler if you want it cheap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 am 

arne wrote:
Your question got me to thinking about this, and I plugged my OBDeleven in for a while this evening. Took me about 30-40 minutes in the 09 Central Electrics adaptations, but I was successfully able to reconfigure my rear turn signals and brake lights to work like the rest of the world. Much happier this way, I dislike combined brake/signals.

Can you post the codes for your rear light. Also how do you turn off the front amber corner at night to euro settings?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 am 

I just installed Curt 56146 on my 2017 etron.
Tight fit, but it went well. Touches muffler on each side. Really tight. Sort of holds muffler. No rattles at all. Looks almost OEM. Great.

Now how to install the Curt pig tail 56236( I called Curt and this is recommended.). I did read post on installation , but hope to just get what I need from the tail lights. Not sure how to get at the wires--- Any suggestions ?? What color is ground and is it accessed via the tail lights. Where do you drill a hole to get the wires out and how to seal.??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:28 pm 

joseaudi wrote:
arne wrote:
Your question got me to thinking about this, and I plugged my OBDeleven in for a while this evening. Took me about 30-40 minutes in the 09 Central Electrics adaptations, but I was successfully able to reconfigure my rear turn signals and brake lights to work like the rest of the world. Much happier this way, I dislike combined brake/signals.

Can you post the codes for your rear light. Also how do you turn off the front amber corner at night to euro settings?

Bumping this...I'd like to do the same. Thanks!!

A3 eTron