New e-tron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, any e-tron fans around? Just got a 17 Premium w/ Sport Package after spending 5 months on an A4 Premium Plus.

80-fullsizerender_9_48cb6e1dcf5b2781c708f6666c9d37fb8fcf66bb.jpg

Just placed an order for a set of S3 19" OEM take offs and waiting on Emmanuele Desing to confirm fitment of lowering springs.

Also looking for any available OBDeleven coding besides the current apps.
80-v6ur1j_254a74d906808c2cbb33392f85ca31b55e16d1be.jpg

Congratulations. I bought pretty much the exact same car last month (color as well). I'm loving it so far.

Just yesterday I did my first fill-up after getting my e-tron on May 19th. Drove aprox 1,200kms, getting 3.3L/100km or about 71MPG. People here have gotten much better than that, if fuel efficiency is your goal.

Congrats salvadorsantana !
It looks great now and no doubt it'll look even more awesome when you lower it and put on those rims.
Any problems with your dealership experience when buying the e-tron?
Did you order it or was it an in-stock model?

Thanks for sharing.

hangtime10":3ro1bgwe said:
Congrats salvadorsantana !
It looks great now and no doubt it'll look even more awesome when you lower it and put on those rims.
Any problems with your dealership experience when buying the e-tron?
Did you order it or was it an in-stock model?

Thanks for sharing.

Hi there, yes Im hopping for that too since lowering springs are limited to only the Eibach and some other weird brand in Europe, I ordered Eibach from Germany today, hopefully doesn't take forever to reach the USA.

No problems at all, I am a regular customer from theirs. It was an in stock model.

Regarding OBDeleven mods, everything I've done to my '16 Premium has been via apps. (I was even successful enabling the passenger mirror dip on reverse.) I really need to look into adaptations and long coding, as I'd like to change the behavior of the rear brake lights and turn signal, and not the silly urban joke stuff.

Your question got me to thinking about this, and I plugged my OBDeleven in for a while this evening. Took me about 30-40 minutes in the 09 Central Electrics adaptations, but I was successfully able to reconfigure my rear turn signals and brake lights to work like the rest of the world. Much happier this way, I dislike combined brake/signals.

So here it is, after getting Eibach springs shipped from Germany (for some reason they do not sell the E-Tron application here in USA) and S3 take off wheels and tires.

PD: waiting now on S3 view mirror brushed aluminum caps.

80-img_2052_4037217af0c7b3f6799254039435a767ceeaf038.jpg

80-img_2054_e3827bce8c415001942598b63b26e7ffdb59a8f5.jpg

80-img_2053_6a7797ceb163c2f0ee1ca4283bd95fe586432877.jpg

LB77":2na4b1th said:
^^^ Wow those look awesome. How is the ride, noise with the 19 inch wheels?

Thanks! The ride I would compare it to OEM...I still need to align the car but so far so good. No noise at all, 19's are wrapped with Pirelli P Zero from factory...they are quite! I used to have these same tires on my Porsche Macan with 21's and it was like riding on clouds lol.

PD: I will do the alignment on saturday to allow the springs to settle.

I had emmanuele design do the work too. Weird, they said they couldnt find any info on the Eibach springs, so I ordered them myself. I was just there this wed (June 21).

Anyway, did you think the Emmanuele Design Springs were too aggressive?

Rpgonzalez":t8wgufcy said:
I had emmanuele design do the work too. Weird, they said they couldnt find any info on the Eibach springs, so I ordered them myself. I was just there this wed (June 21).

Anyway, did you think the Emmanuele Design Springs were too aggressive?

Emmanuele did not recommend me to use their springs since the e-tron is 400lbs heavier than the A3 or S3. So I guess the only option left was to order Eibach from Germany.

These are the same conclusions I reached a year ago. Eibach springs for an Etron are not avail in US so you have to order them yourself from the Netherlands, Germany, etc (mine got to Florida in about 2 weeks). They are marginally more aggressive than the stock s3 spring ( the S3 4 door is about 1/4" higher than my etron) but I think the ride is less harsh on mine. There really is no other "safe" alternative to Eibach due to the extra weight. I would add that the handling is vastly improved, even just with springs. After a year, I don't regret the upgrade.

5x112":k3uetjzh said:
These are the same conclusions I reached a year ago. Eibach springs for an Etron are not avail in US so you have to order them yourself from the Netherlands, Germany, etc (mine got to Florida in about 2 weeks). They are marginally more aggressive than the stock s3 spring ( the S3 4 door is about 1/4" higher than my etron) but I think the ride is less harsh on mine. There really is no other "safe" alternative to Eibach due to the extra weight. I would add that the handling is vastly improved, even just with springs. After a year, I don't regret the upgrade.

Luckily when I ordered mine it took only 2 days to arrive from Germany to Miami, FL. I have had several cars during my lifetime from VW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche...almost all of them with suspension work done...and I can tell that the Eibach's on the e-tron provide a great drop (more than enough) and the ride still just as OEM.

80-img_2072_8c60fd853628804a25188daa7f0ad798fd824577.jpg

80-img_2069_7d4cd146b8111897b6fdc1fa377550a00507151e.jpg

Looks great, though less practical up here in Canada... :)

How are you guys ordering foreign parts? I'd LOVE to get my hands on the trailer hitch that's available in some markets. Anyone I can bribe into ordering and sending it on to me?

Wheels and lowering look great!.. Regarding foreign parts, you don't have a problem unless it's audi. Most parts distributors will ship to north america. I had no problem getting my Eibach springs from the netherlands. If it's audi parts you want that are not avail here, yes, you would have to hire someone to pick them up at the parts store for you and ship it. Pretty sure there are some hungry pack and ship places overthere.

But make sure you know what you are getting, and how much it will cost to ship. In many cases the factory trailer hitches for VAG cars are complete bumper bar replacements, very big, very heavy, and probably VERY expensive to ship from Europe. They may not be compatible with North American hitch accessories either.

arne":1308fzcl said:
Your question got me to thinking about this, and I plugged my OBDeleven in for a while this evening. Took me about 30-40 minutes in the 09 Central Electrics adaptations, but I was successfully able to reconfigure my rear turn signals and brake lights to work like the rest of the world. Much happier this way, I dislike combined brake/signals.
Can you post the codes for your rear light. Also how do you turn off the front amber corner at night to euro settings?

I just installed Curt 56146 on my 2017 etron.
Tight fit, but it went well. Touches muffler on each side. Really tight. Sort of holds muffler. No rattles at all. Looks almost OEM. Great.

Now how to install the Curt pig tail 56236( I called Curt and this is recommended.). I did read post on installation , but hope to just get what I need from the tail lights. Not sure how to get at the wires--- Any suggestions ?? What color is ground and is it accessed via the tail lights. Where do you drill a hole to get the wires out and how to seal.??

joseaudi":3ibxo13u said:
arne":3ibxo13u said:
Can you post the codes for your rear light. Also how do you turn off the front amber corner at night to euro settings?

Bumping this...I'd like to do the same. Thanks!!

Back