Whistling Factory Roof Bars

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11thIndian

Hey Everyone. So took delivery today. Sort of driving on pins and needles driving a new car after 15 years.

So our first major drive was up North to my in laws for May 2-4 weekend. A VERY NOTICABLE whistling sound from the roof rails. Had to take them off halfway into the trip. I noticed they did not have the rubber gasket/bumper on the top- I'm hoping that's why. Dealer said that they don't install it because they don't know how the customer is going to attach the roof box. I have the rubber gasket, but I need to cut it because the peices are too long right now.

Anyone else have experience with this?

The racks are ok - yes probably worse without rubber piece installed Only have had whistling sound at slower speeds - not on the highway. Ok with surfboards. Ok with Thule box on top at 80 mph.

But I'm pissed off that one of the plastic end caps somehow popped off while on the road - probably impossible to replace - should not have happened.

We found the contrary when we started a long drive up north this weekend. Without the rubber piece, the whistling was omnipresent in the car. About half way into our trip we had to stop and I removed the rails and put them inside.

I installed the rubber gaskets at our destination and that totally solved the problem.

Back