are there *any* performance mods for the E-tron?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayasa

I see that there is a high-flow filter and springs, but really, anything else for better performance? Just like to mod to eek out a little more horsepower and maybe a little more vehicular bling. Intakes? Exhausts? Re-flash?

Racechip makes a tuning module for the 1.4TFSI, but I don't know how well it would play with the e-tron. I might try and find out because I have family that own a tuning shop locally :)

That would be great to find out. As a rule I almost always reflash all cars I've owned, especially if it is turbo'ed, since I like to get more power, better mpg, and extras like left foot breaking. Would be willing to do a piggyback if it was good enough.

I haven't seen anything marketed for the e-tron. While not all that significant for performance, I plan on doing something with the exhaust. The stock pipes sound like birthing cattle.

I strongly suspect that the market for performance mods for these cars is far too small for anyone to invest in tooling up for things like exhaust, given that the main market is not as a performance car. Besides the small numbers made, not many owners would be interested. Most are trying to minimize use of the ICE.

arne":eom5jhha said:
I strongly suspect that the market for performance mods for these cars is far too small for anyone to invest in tooling up for things like exhaust, given that the main market is not as a performance car. Besides the small numbers made, not many owners would be interested. Most are trying to minimize use of the ICE.

Yup. If anything I would like to get more mileage out of the batteries.
-Ben

hayasa":2ihdmvkn said:
Does anyone make an exhaust for it?

Absolutely. The 1.4 TFSI is common as a standalone petrol option in Europe but we don't get the gas-only 1.4 on the A3 in North America, so your only parts availability would be in Europe. Even then, the battery pack may mean that there's a different exhaust routing as well as the special design of the exhaust manifold (not sure if that's a 1.4 thing in general or just a hybrid design - it's supposed to warm the coolant faster on cold days.) also, there's the fact that the tail pipe isn't actually visible. You'd have to find a rear bumper from a euro A3 sportback too.

http://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/audi-a ... -2012.aspx

Back