tint and paint protection film

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idk2016

After one summer,and a winter with a car that sits lower than my CUV.I decided to get the tint,and PPF done.If only my dealership explained the latter better it would have saved my hood from the 2.5 rock skids.I decided to go with LLumar for the PPF [headlights,mirrors,front fascia , full hood,panel above wheel well],and the Formula One Pinnacle tint [15 in rear,and 35 front]. The LLumar PPF will self heal [in heat, sun] the majority of impacts such as the rock skid across my hood.As for the tint,I hope to minimize the A/C use to maximize the limited range,and keep the car cooler when it's parked in the open under the sun.The Pinnacle is ceramic tint,and it hasn't caused any mobile ,XM, or GPS use interference.

Interesting, I was just looking in to tints myself! Had not heard of the PPF solution, but something I think I'll investigate. Mind saying how much each cost?

Ian

iang":19gkobum said:
Interesting, I was just looking in to tints myself! Had not heard of the PPF solution, but something I think I'll investigate. Mind saying how much each cost?

Ian

Surprised your dealership didn't try to 'up sell" some of the PPF on you.Pricing will vary based on country, region,and material. The Pinnacle tint is around $350, lifetime warranty. The LLumar full front,and mirror is around $1500; do the full hood. A paint job can cost about $1000 easy,so I am trying to mitigate.When it's time to sell,the value's better retained if the paint's in better shape.If I were buying previously owned it would matter.

I chose to just do the PPF versus a ceramic coating because it won't repel a rock's impact.Ceramic Pro multi layer quote was no less than ~ $2k. Yes it will keep the car cleaner,but I'd rather protect against actual impacts.Also warrranty on ppf is around [LLumar]5 years to the ceramic that needs redoing every few years,or so it seems.

http://imgur.com/3SKCsGg

McLaren LT LLumar PPF:

https://youtu.be/w5mk7FMETRY?list=PLFPMK0tWk2Yi1040Roy2pPRt61C6xrjef

Latest posts

Back