Mirror iPhone on screen

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentheRed

Hi, has anyone tried some of the aftermarket AV boxes to plug in your phone and mirror it on the screen? I have a 2017 ordered and didn't want to waste $2000+ on navigation when Google maps is so good - however I would love to show Google maps on the pop up screen. I have ordered a premium model.
Thanks!

Thanks, this looks easy, but I've ordered a 2017 Premium model and Apple CarPlay only comes with the "Technology Package" for another $3k!!! I've got to say that ordering an Audi reminds me of getting Cable TV!!! You have to pay $$$ for a package when you only want one of the channels!!

Re. The link you sent, can anyone confirm if the MMI interface is in the center console for a Premium model? I *think* those models don't have it and they just have a USB cable for charging.

clarkaddison":pbu7y4ns said:
right. Premium models have usb charging port and an aux port. No MMI connector

FYI MMI connector has been discontinued in 2017 across the A3 range in favour of USB and apple carplay and android auto

MMI only works for 2016 and older pre-life models.

re: original op...there are many hidden options (ie: trailer mode, VIM) in the MMI system accessible via VCDS, so theoractically if your hardware supports android auto and such, it can be activated via VCDS. (ie: if you dont have GPS antenna, wiring, Nav still wont be possible) However, no one has cracked the 2017 MMI security code yet, so such no modification is possible at this time

BentheRed":ot0cxtaf said:
Thanks, this looks easy, but I've ordered a 2017 Premium model and Apple CarPlay only comes with the "Technology Package" for another $3k!!! I've got to say that ordering an Audi reminds me of getting Cable TV!!! You have to pay $$$ for a package when you only want one of the channels!!

Re. The link you sent, can anyone confirm if the MMI interface is in the center console for a Premium model? I *think* those models don't have it and they just have a USB cable for charging.

Except generally when you order cable, you actually get cable. Audi's failure to deliver phone integration on a lot of the initial 2017s is at best lame, at worst false advertising.

Back