Review - WeatherTech floor & cargo mats

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arne

Got my WeatherTech mats today. Very pleased.

I ordered the rear cargo liner (#40891) and front all weather mats (#W350). Both were said to be custom fit for 2016 A3 Sportback. The fit of these pieces is as near perfect as it could be.

The rear cargo mat is shaped perfectly, and extends up the sides about an inch or so so that wet items can not dampen the carpet. It looks to be easy to clean as well.

I had a set of the all weather mats in the TDI, bought about 4 years ago. So I thought I knew what to expect on those. But these newest mats are much improved over my previous set in three ways. One is that—like the cargo mat—these mats also have a form-fitted lip that wraps a short ways up from the floor. The mats for the Golf did not do that, simply using a heavy outer ridge to keep moisture from the carpet. The second improvement is that these mats came with the proper VW/Audi retainers pre-installed, and so they snap over the floor studs exactly like the carpet mats do. Finally, the driver's mat also includes a flap that covers the left foot dead pedal, a big plus in my opinion as many mats leave the dead pedal exposed to get very dirty.

I'm very pleased, and recommend them highly.

all-weather-mat.jpg

cargo-mat.jpg

Those look pretty good. Don't they cost about 2/3 the price of the Audi all-weather mats? Seems like a great value, thanks for posting them.

One late addition. The rear mat appears to have a bit of a slightly unpleasant odor, I notice it when I open the rear hatch. I suspect it may simply be off-gassing from manufacturing, and that it will likely go away eventually. I may contact WeatherTech about it in a week or two if it persists. So far, that is the only negative I've seen.

Update, the odd odor I noted above did in fact slowly go away. Took a couple of weeks, but it is gone now.

Planning to purchase WeatherTech FloorLiners for my new 2017 e-tron. Unfortunately, WeatherTech is not yet listing compatibility with the 2017 model.

Can someone confirm that WeatherTech's 2016 e-tron FloorLiners / Cargo Liner will fit the 2017 e-tron?

I ordered the weathrtech mats for the 2016 for my 2017 and the fit. On another issue, the dealer did not know or even research the issue to their shame, but the 16 inch wheels with winter tires from my 2010 TDI fit just fine.

Strange. I ordered 2016 Weather Tech mats for my 2017 e-tron. They did not fit. The mounting posts are in different spots in 2017.

The dealership threw in the Audi all-weather mats with my 2017. I was considering getting these, but they don't appear to cover much more of the floor so I'm not sure I see the point.

But I'm still looking to get the cargo mat, that fits in the 2017 no problem? The Audi one is strangely not available as an accessory here in Canada.

Back