New owner accessory questions

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelrider

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I see there is one post about floor mat and cargo liners. Any other experiences would be appreciated. I used to have a burlap custom liner in an old car. It was black mixed with a little red, which I'd love, but I won't hold my breath for that.

What do you do, if anything, for a trash bag? I'm thinking of putting a little box under the front seat. Anyone have anything like that for storage?

The jack is getting in my way. I'm thinking of carving some of the foam so it can fit under the cargo area floor, or putting it under the front seat. Anyone do either?

Any bike/cargo rack solutions are appreciated. I may go with the Audi roof bar kit (my car did not come with rails) but I need to know what rack systems it's compatible with. I hope Thule.

Lastly, not an accessory but what is the little plastic piece in the glovebox for? :)

I know that is a lot of questions, but I hope to add value as I gain experience with the car.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Steelrider,

I finally lost my patience a few weeks ago with the massive cable bag in the back and have removed it.

I then had the problem with where to put the jack.

Like you suggested, I cut a hole through the foam partition in the furthest cubby under the floor mat and slid the jack in there. It has liberated lots of space.

I found that the jack fits nicely in the cubby hole on the left side of the cargo area. It sits just above where the tire slime straps in with the air compressor. No rattles and saves me the cargo space; not sure why they weren't put there from the factory.

Back