Tire upgrade?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnEtron

I have the 17 inch 225 / 45 stock Continental Contiprocontact tires on my 2016 Technik. They're very quiet but not very sticky when you need to accelerate briskly from a stop. Has anyone upgraded their tires?

I will be installing winter tires for sure....probably Michelin X-ice xi3. So I'm debating full summers like Michelin Pilot Supersport (top rated...but I worry about shoulder season performance...and noise levels). So a top contender is the new ultra high performance all season Michelin Pilot A/S 3 +. This might be a quieter and more versatile option for Canadian weather.

Any thought?

A bit of a late reply, but I just joined. I have the Pilot Sport A/S 3 on my other car ('84 911 Carrera) and they are great on anything other than snow. Very quiet, outstanding wet grip. I was planning on a set for my 2010 Golf TDI, but we all know how that story is playing out. I will likely put the A/S 3+ on my e-tron when I get to that point.

Back