stock wiper blade quality & lifting wiper off windshield

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idk2016

Not sure if anyone has tried to lift their blade to clean the windshield? Mine hits the hood lip,so I looked for an answer. 1., turn the stalk to off if it's in auto,press it down.2.go into MMI menu,car systems,servicing&checks,wiper service,turn on. A3 etron's MMI doesn't have the wiper option. Method. 1 does work,car needs to be off.

In climates with snow, freezing rain,you don't exactly want to,or even can sometimes let the wiper wipe,and turn them off before they return to their "parked" position on the windshield.Weather is unpredictable,it srems Audi thinks A3 etron users in snow climates should mess their rubber blade with ths service option.

Question, does anyone like their stock wipers because I've used them in rain within my first month of owning the etron,and they seem really flimsy.Jittery,and bumpy as they wipe a wet windshield, like the rubber's going to break off :shock: Just surprised to find this on an Audi considering there seems to be better stuff for the A3 like: Bosch Aerotwin, Rain-x, Trico exact fit. I've used Michelin Stealth hybrid,and they worked very well,nothing like the stock ones for the etron where I would be concerned using them during a Northeast winter that brings snow, freezing rain. If anyone has changed their wipers, what did you get?

I had an initial issue with the original wipers on mine. When there was light rain and the auto kicked in, I was hearing some noises echoing in the cabin.
I went back to the dealership to have them replaced which they did so without any hassle. I haven't noticed the issue since the replacement.
It is quite an inconvenience not being able to lift up the wiper when trying to clean the windshield. I've given up on that and just clean what I can.
Overall though, I find the wipers used decent. The passenger side wiper doesn't seem to touch at the bottom of the windshield as it starts, but that's about it for my "wiper cons".

They are the same as my Golf TDI, the car needs to be on and just been turned off, push down on the wiper stalk once before you open the door, this will bring the wipers up and leave them up, you will then be able to left them off the windshield.

I had my e-tron serviced last week (6 months /9,000 miles) and reported juddery rear wiper. They replaced it and it no longer judders :)

I would have thought that the after market wipers in the dealership would be the same as the components used on the production line but perhaps they are different.

Back