Charging station for home

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarsmax

Hi folks,

I'm researching level 2 stations to install at home, leaving the factory cable in my car for use at work.

Any strong recommendations (for or against)? I'm eager to avoid pitfalls before they become expensive to undo.

I have a driveway with no garage, so I'll likely build a cover for increased weather protection and visual appeal.

3 weeks into driving and really loving this eTron!

sugarsmax":3qe1nprc said:
Hi folks,

I'm researching level 2 stations to install at home, leaving the factory cable in my car for use at work.

Any strong recommendations (for or against)? I'm eager to avoid pitfalls before they become expensive to undo.

I have a driveway with no garage, so I'll likely build a cover for increased weather protection and visual appeal.

3 weeks into driving and really loving this eTron!

I installed a ClipperCreek HCS-40P that uses the same NEMA 6-50 plug as the Audi factory control unit (at least the US models). They also sell hard-wired versions for exterior installations (the plug is not rated for exterior use but you should be fine installing one with an exterior cover). You could save some $$ and get the 20P (16 Amp version) which will work with the e-tron just fine but would take longer to charge a pure electric vehicle. My Clipper Creek unit works great and was easy to install.

I did put the Audi charger in a smaller bag so it doesn't take up as much room in the trunk.

Back