I did a stupid (charging cover)

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

Hi guys n' gals. Just got my E-tron, first hybrid, 2016 with 19,000 on the clock (used approved)

So far, really happy. But.....

Read a lot of comments about the charge cover not having a 'you left it open you plum' warning... Pah, I thought, what muppet would do that. Turns out, me >.<

First off, does a warning system exist?
Secondly, if it doesn't, who wants one?
Third, can you buy those Audi ring covers seperatly? I have a dink on mine so want to replace it either way.

Cheers,
Fubar.

bought a used 2017 2 1/2 months ago and love it.

Mine does have a warning, kind of like when you have a door or the trunk open. However, I have the Virtual Cockpit so I don't know what it would look like on the 2016....for me it shows a little red line on the front of the car diagram. I've only done it twice so far. I'll take a picture next time I'm in the car and upload it here.

Glad they sorted that on the VC model. I think I could have gotten a used approved with it, but wanted leather interior more. Wonder how they fitted the switch.

For sure, the four-rings cover can be purchased separately; I think it was in the $100 range.

Ah yes - here we go:
https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_2016_A ... 8343E.html

Diagram:
1312023.png

Back