What windshield sunshade do you use?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dko3tgk

Living in sunny LA, a sunshield is needed. In an old BMW I bought the Covercraft cut for my car. But the Covercraft costs over $70 and the Audi ones cost in the $60-$75 range.

What sunshields are you using? OEM? 3rd party? Let me know and which one do you use and why do you like it? Anywhere that sells the Audi OEM ones cheaper?
I think I prefer the accordion style better, it seems faster to put up and take down vs. rolling.

I see two models listed for our A3 Etrons. The pictures are the same stock pictures for both, so I'm assuming one is the foil roll up, and the other is the accordion style.

ZAW064360E
I think this might be the accordion style since it mentions a case and I think the foil roll up doesn't have a case.

ZAW064360AB
Listed as the UV Sunshield, and I'm assuming is the foil rollup one.

I ordered the Covercraft one for my car from Amazon. It was about $70 but I prefer it to the foil ones. My mom has a foil type one for her Q7 and the layers seemed to separate fairly quickly. I've always had good luck with the Covercraft ones lasting and keeping the heat out of the car. I live in the San Diego area, so I know exactly what you are talking about needing one to keep the heat out :D

Back