Map update confusion

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addihetja

My 2016 A3 e-tron came bundled with free updates of maps via my.audi.com for 3 years. That service has now expired which has left me with old maps, since my model didn't come with CarPlay integration.

I talked to my dealer and they gave me a pretty steep price for updated maps. I tried asking my rep at the dealer what exactly I would be getting and got the reply "up-to-date maps", to which I answered, "yeah, but how? via my.audi.com? for how long?" leading him to ask me to talk to Audi.

I did and they told me that yes, it's expensive and no, I can't get it via my.audi.com and hinted that the updates that I had downloaded during my free 3 year update period really weren't map updates, but Google Maps updates?

I've now been digesting all this for a few weeks and thought I'd ask the community: have any of you had any experience with this? Is there an easier way to go about updating the maps than going to the dealer? Any tips?

Bumping this for a possible answer, as I too, just ran into this. I was wondering if the free maps access expired. I thought I had X number of updates, not a set amount of time. I updated once, but then never got around to doing it again. Since my lease is up and I'm planning on purchasing the car, I wanted to get the update.

How much were you quoted for the updated maps? I wonder if the car will still accept the update files?

Back