Audi pre sense: currently restricted

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmoores77

Out of the blue I got an "Audi pre sense: currently restricted. See owner's manual" error message. Only 4400 miles on my 2017 Premium Plus.

Manual said to take it into the dealer for service. They noted fault C110300 and no signs of vehicle damage so repaired it under warranty. Apparently its quite involved to re-calibrate the "J428" radar sensor, glad I didn't have to pay for it but perplexed as to how it got out of whack. I definitely saw Audi pre sense front warnings as expected for cars stopping quickly in front of me before the error, maybe it was just barely in alignment or something from the factory. Anyone else see something like this?

-Keith

gkyXwIv.jpg

I think sometimes rocks or other road hazards can knock the radar sensor out of alignment. Calibration requires a VAG fixture setup that puts a radar reflective target normal to the thrust axis of the car and that involves utilizing the wheels for alignment checking. Once the target position is established the radar module will output if the sensor is within tip/tilt angular boundaries. There are tip/tilt adjustment screws protruding from the sensor.

Back