EV Mode disabled at high temp?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmoores77

Curious what others are seeing with EV Mode being unavailable on hot days? It’s been close to 100F the past couple of days and my 2017 E-tron has been switching to Battery Hold with charge levels above 50%, the manual says EV Mode is not available above 104F, I guessing the temp sensor used is not the same one displayed in the dash. My first summer with the E-tron, just checking what I’m seeing is normal.

Now I'm not sure if this was high temp or not. I had not run on the ICE for quite a while and it was also very humid, I think I read somewhere that the ICE may be run in order to remove condensation? We've had several more equally as hot days and I haven't had any problem running in EV Mode.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

I live in Houston and we often get 100+ and I've never had the EV mode shut down because of it.

I’m not sure what was going on in my case but I haven’t seen it again. It might just be the “rules” that regulate how quickly you can switch back to EV once the ICE has been activated. If I have a battery capacity and switch to Hybrid or Battery Hold the option to switch back to EV is not always immediately available, not sure what condition results in it eventually becoming available again.

I have a 5 mile commute to work everyday, so in my first thousand miles in 6 months I’m 90% EV (on ICE for longer trips on weekends, where I’ve played with switching to Hybrid when I’m on the highway).

———
US 2017 A3 e-tron Premium Plus
Nano Gray Metalic
Tech and Sports Package

Back