False Warnings Following Software Update

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edd

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone else has had problems with their E Tron following a recent MMI software update and a "Battery Campaign" designed to increase the life of the batteries ?

We've had the car for about 18 months and it went in for its 19000 mile service and all was well with the car, no problems at all.

However since it has been serviced and the above updates carried out we have had the following warnings have been occurring:

Gearbox Problem,
Low Inflation Warnings for front tyres (always front and more often than not the left hand tyre),
car switching from "Auto" to "Hybrid Hold" (randomly) even when there is plenty of charge left in the battery
finally the car allowing itself to be unlocked by the fob but then failing to start as it "doesn't recognize the key".

The car went back to the dealership where they had it for a week and could see the gearbox fault and the low tyre inflation warning but were pretty dismissive about the rest of the other things occurring. They looked at the gearbox warning, ran a few tests then said no fault see how it goes.

Within a few miles of leaving the garage the "Low Tyre Pressure" warning was back on and over the past few weeks it has been a bit of a pain to say the least. However the car also is now flagging up faults for "low coolant" level (but has plenty of fluid in it) and again today we had the key fob allow my wife back into the car but failed to start saying it didn't recognize the key fob. After 15 mins of locking/unlocking the car and trying to start it, it finally went.

One other interesting anomaly is the car seems to switching itself from "Drive" ('D') to "Sports" ('S'). This happened twice after the service but I assumed that we had knocked the selector lever by mistake, however over the past couple of days it has happened twice again but this time I don't believe its error on our part. Over 19,000 miles the selector lever has never been an issue and I don't believe that over the past few weeks our driving habits for both my wife and myself have changed to cause this.

Open to any ideas or theories that people may have.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Back