Audi etron refunded

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idk2016

Disappointed after being so hyped over a car that seemed great on paper. #Audi has historically had electrical issues so the etron was a leap of faith on my part the VW group would improve some decades later,nope.

My issues were electrical ,along with the hybrid system fault.I had the charge port replaced multiple times in year one.Then Audi decided to just have the dealer remove,and replace the same port along with reinstalling the same software :x Post the "repairs,"the electrical short that came up during a deeper system scan.This scan told me the car was defective given the culmination of repeated faults that reappear post a repair. Where these affected the etron's ability to fully charge,run in EV mode in optimal conditions. The car was shipped to me missing a pin inside the charge port. I suspect this hurt the various systems that form,and connect the electric drive components,enclosed the engine schematics below.

Between my #etron erasing fault codes,along with Audi directing the dealer to just erase them,I probably had more faults than I am aware of.I suspect the latter resulted with me being told "no faults found" when there may have been some.

Reading about the 2016,and 2017 etron owners having various issues in this forum.I see some similar to MY own drama that had me returning the etron. As a fellow consumer,if I can offer any tips, track the problems via your dealership visit paperwork.Dash alerts, ask for a copy of a scan before you leave the dealership with your car so you SEE faults. This helped with my case because I would otherwise not have the necessary backup to my complaints. Those who don't have issues,you're the lucky owners! European etron owners appear to be better served than North American.

A3 etron engine :

http://www.myaudia3etron.com/wp-content ... etrain.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/a5/ce/57a5 ... 37af7d.jpg

https://preview2.netcarshow.com/Audi-A3 ... 600-2d.jpg

idk2016 - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the e-tron. I can thoroughly understand your frustration with how your car was serviced by the dealership.
But as an owner of a MY 2016 (in Canada) I can say that the car I drive have had none of the issues you raised. There has been the odd "bug" with the B&O but that's about it.
From what I've read in the various EV forums, the Audi isn't more or less reliable than other makes.
I feel your tone suggest that all e-trons are problematic and should be avoided. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm reading it from a defensive perspective.
Regarding the electrical issues, I can tell you that my brother owns a MY 2010 Q5 and has no issues. I've driven his SUV over 1,000 km without any problems.
So again, I'm sorry for what you experienced, but I have to believe it's not the norm. I guess I'm one of the "lucky" owners, but I do know a few e-tron owners in the area I can include them as "lucky" also.

I have had my Etron since September of 2016 and have not had a single issue with my car since then. It may be that you just had bad luck with a bad car?

hangtime10":38o19012 said:
idk2016 - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the e-tron. I can thoroughly understand your frustration with how your car was serviced by the dealership.
But as an owner of a MY 2016 (in Canada) I can say that the car I drive have had none of the issues you raised. There has been the odd "bug" with the B&O but that's about it.
From what I've read in the various EV forums, the Audi isn't more or less reliable than other makes.
I feel your tone suggest that all e-trons are problematic and should be avoided. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm reading it from a defensive perspective.
Regarding the electrical issues, I can tell you that my brother owns a MY 2010 Q5 and has no issues. I've driven his SUV over 1,000 km without any problems.
So again, I'm sorry for what you experienced, but I have to believe it's not the norm. I guess I'm one of the "lucky" owners, but I do know a few e-tron owners in the area I can include them as "lucky" also.

There are more than a few posts on this forum {technical discussion} where some appear to have similar issues to my etron.Their issues may never end with a lemon. The dealerships I consistently dealt with were actually stellar. It was Audi corporate whose attitude is reflected in their dieselgate scandal. VW parent is an episode in Netflix's series "Dirty Money" : Hard Nox .

An inlaw had the 2009 Q5, they required a significant portion of their engine replaced within about 5 years of ownership.The seasonally driven Porsche Carrera 4S suddenly required over $4k of repairs that included electrical.Audi electrical issues is a known issue, research : VW , Audi electrical problems.

idk2016 - I've also had issues with my 2016 e-tron which has spent over a month at the dealership over multiple trips. My symptoms sound similar to yours where I'd get the EPC/CEL light and car would only partially charge or not charge at all. I'd take it to the dealership but they say that the car hasn't stored the fault or they would clear it and return it to us without doing anything. Sometimes, it would go away on its own before I could get to the dealership. They replaced the port and updated the software which seemed to fix the issue but 2 months later, it has reappeared. Now they are saying there is a new software update but I'm not convinced it will fix the problem especially after reading your experience.

As for getting a refund, did you go through arbitration on your own or did you hire a lawyer? My dealership has been stellar as well but not looking forward to dealing with corporate.

Thanks in advance.

Back