Pre-conditioning not working while plugged

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiejoe

I can remotely schedule the conditioning
of the cabin while it is not plugged in — it wakes
up, the hvac panel lights come on and a little barely
discernible flow of maybe slightly warmer air
begins to flow. However, plugged into 110
it won’t do anything via the app remotely or via MMI
scheduling from the car. Hmmm... maybe I’m going
to have to run that 240 line sooner than
later.

Preconditioning won't work when plugged into a 110v outlet, I tried it before I had my 240v outlet installed. I believe it's not sufficient to warm the cabin and charge the engine simultaneously.
As for using the app, I can't comment as it's not available in Canada.

Thanks for confirming that. I searched the forum and found conflicting answers. Now I know it’s not something I have done wrong. Time for me to buy that 220 breaker and receptacle and string some wires! A good winter project! We are lucky to have a dual-voltage/plug charger. Saves a lot vs buying a special charger.

OK, I finished running a 240V line from the main panel in the basement up to the garage. Our little etron, "Evie", is warming up great now. It really helps maintain the range -- not spending a lot of battery power heating up the cabin. The only challenge is remembering to turn up the temperature and fan before turning it off, because that is what cabin warms up to. We are very lucky to have the dual voltage charger from Audi -- no need to buy a special charging station. The only cost was for a 30 amp breaker, some cable, and a receptacle.

etron%20electric%20infrastructure.jpeg

Back