EV mileage

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etronTom

My 2017 E-tron has about 31,000 miles (50,000 km) on it and I've owned it for the past 7 months. During that time I have driven it only about 5,000 miles (8,050 km) and I try to drive as economically as possible (why else own an E-tron?). Currently, after charging the batteries overnight, my car only gets 13 miles (21 km) in EV mode. Is that reasonable or does it suggest that there is something wrong?

It depends on the circumstances. I think 13 miles during colder months is OK (I see you posted it in November) if you need to use heating or seat heating, and/or if you drive at higher speeds. I also have a 2017 model and I’d be happy to get 13 miles out of it during the winter.
What I do to extend range is that I either don’t use heating or, if it is a longer drive and I don’t want to be uncomfortable, I put the car in battery hold mode to force the engine to come on early on. I use the heat from the engine to heat up the cabin. When that is done, I switch to hybrid or electric mode for the last leg of the journey.

Back