Wheel alignment and EV range

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trodderus

Hi All!
I have had my e-tron for a year and took it in for its 12 monthly service. From the service they informed me that I needed a wheel alignment as it was pretty far out and the front tyres had worn on the inside. After the wheel alignment, I noticed an significant improvement in the EV range.

My daily commute for the last 5 and 1/2 months is around 33km return trip. The best I had been able to do in terms of remaining charge in the battery after my commute was with around 5 to 9km range remaining and 1/8 to 1/4 remaining on the battery bar.

The first trip after having the alignment done (A/C off, 22ºC, and driving relatively carefully) I had 16km range remaining and 3/8 (nearly registering 1/2) remaining on the battery bar! I had bought the car as a demo so not sure if the alignment was out since I bought it but I am now getting pretty close to the claimed range of 50km. I thought the wheel alignment would have a bit of an effect on range but was surprised by the improvement.

Just thought I would post this here so if anyone has noticed a bit of a drop in range, a wheel alignment might be the answer

Steering alignment would definitely affect range, think of it like a shopping cart with one bad wheel and how hard that is to push...even if a car is off by a little bit it will affect efficiency! Good tip for all owners.

Back