Broken charger housing

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdguard

I've had my eTron less than 3 months and the housing is broken where the vehicle charge cord attached to the housing. The cord has come away between the locking clip and the housing. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I took it to my dealer (Owasco Audi) and they are denying warranty coverage on the charger. They state damage was caused by an external source? I really would like to know what source they are referring too??? After sending a letter to the president of Audi Canada and taking the matter to social media they offered my 75% coverage on purchasing a replacement. I have declined the offer as I think they should cover it.

We were seriously considering purchasing another Audi (2018 SQ5), however after this fiasco I wouldn't recommend Audi nor purchase another Audi at the moment. Still loving the car, but worry about future repair and warranty issues.

No issues here. But I will say that I used the Audi unit for about 6 months before I went with a ChargePoint unit. I do periodically use the Audi when I know I can plug in to an outlet.
I've had my e-tron since the end of Feb '16.

Back