Immediate charging with charging timer set issue

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianF

I've been experiencing this issue randomly, when I plug the car in (sometimes) it will start charging immediately, ignoring the scheduled timer that is set.

The top button (scheduled charging) is lit, and the LED instantly goes to the slow pulsing green light (charging) when I plug it in at night.

I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it does the quick blinking green light (timer enabled).

This only happens sometimes, I plan on recording a video of this weird behavior as well.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I only have one timer setup for everyday 12AM-8AM, and generally plug the car in around 9-10PM before I go to bed.

I have the exact same problem with my 2017. I've brought it in for repair twice but it's clear that the dealer is confused about how it should work and can provide no help. It's been a while since you made this post, so if you see mine please let me know if you found a solution. Note: I have seen examples where it starts to charge immediately and then later (as short as a few minutes) switches to timer!

Back