Programming the Homelink ?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayrace24

So I just spent the last hour trying to program the home link on my E Tron. I have a genie garage door opener, which is a pretty popular brand, but no matter where I tried to sync my garage opener to the car I couldn't get it to work. Does anybody know where the home link receiver is placed in the E Tron front bumper area. Anybody else had issues setting up their Homelink?

I just did mine over the weekend. Not a genie, but I got it to work. There was an addendum extra page in my manual and I followed the directions. The receiver is not in the bumper but in the rear view mirror. Also I needed to use the learn button on the door open because I have a roaming code... hope this helps

I have Overhead, I had trouble until I followed the supplemental instructions exactly. Once set up it has worked fine.

Hello! Just got a 2016 A3 etron and found this post because I was also having trouble programming the Homelink. I found three different sets of instructions online or in my owner's manual supplement and none of them worked. I finally called Homelink for help and this is what they had me do:

1) Start with garage door closed, car outside the garage facing the door, and ignition on.
2) Press and hold the two outside (I and III) Homelink buttons until it flashes rapidly to reset or for first time programming.
3) Simultaneously press and hold the garage opener button near the homelink button you wish to program and that homelink button until the LED indicator flashes rapidly.
4) Get out of the car and go press the "learn" button on the garage door opener itself.
5) Get back in the car and press and hold the homelink button you are programming for 3 seconds a total of 3 times.

Worked for me! Our opener is a Chamberlain Liftmaster. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble with it!

There was no supplement or addendum
in the owners manual. Googled instructions didn’t
work (they had me at the front bumper watching
for flashing hazard lights). Fortunately, this
Forum has the answers. Thank you.
These instructions worked perfectly.

Back