dash warning light

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idk2016

I have seen this one come on,then almost immediately disappear while in EV mode with a full charge: etron gasoline engine light [white color]. Found it listed with the other dash alerts in the user Audi guide. There is NOTHING online about it. I've had other alerts that stayed on all the way to the dealer,yet showed no codes: EPC, and the MIL,system indicator light which indicates a malfunction in the engine electronics.

There was one firmware update that caused the emission control light to come on for no reason.Poster on SpeakEV, Febuary 5,2016:
https://speakev.com/threads/a3-e-tron-o ... 732/page-8

04.09.17 update: the MIL lights were issues,once the dealer actually had an error code.I've had my charge port sensor replaced,and the module.

Are you talking about the white engine symbol that lights up when the gas engine starts up? If you're in hybrid mode, this will go on/off as the gas engine cycles. If you're in EV mode, you'll never see it as long as you have charge (and stay below 80mph).

rfortson":xa5i48lm said:
Are you talking about the white engine symbol that lights up when the gas engine starts up? If you're in hybrid mode, this will go on/off as the gas engine cycles. If you're in EV mode, you'll never see it as long as you have charge (and stay below 80mph).

White engine symbol flashes on while in EV mode,at speeds well below 80MPH.

MIL - malfunction indicator light / check engine alert error : J1050 [charging socket AC electrical error]

It took a few dealership visits to find the error code because it would previously erase by the time they could scan for one.Guess I will no longer get the annoying "did you tighten the gas cap" questions :shock:

idk2016":13dsapuz said:
rfortson":13dsapuz said:

White engine symbol flashes on while in EV mode,at speeds well below 80MPH.

MIL - malfunction indicator light / check engine alert error : J1050 [charging socket AC electrical error]

It took a few dealership visits to find the error code because it would previously erase by the time they could scan for one.Guess I will no longer get the annoying "did you tighten the gas cap" questions :shock:

Well...did you? ;)

idk2016":2fu01pnn said:
I have seen this one come on,then almost immediately disappear while in EV mode with a full charge: etron gasoline engine light [white color]. Found it listed with the other dash alerts in the user Audi guide. There is NOTHING online about it. I've had other alerts that stayed on all the way to the dealer,yet showed no codes: EPC, and the MIL,system indicator light which indicates a malfunction in the engine electronics.

There was one firmware update that caused the emission control light to come on for no reason.Poster on SpeakEV, Febuary 5,2016:
https://speakev.com/threads/a3-e-tron-o ... 732/page-8

04.09.17 update: the MIL lights were issues,once the dealer actually had an error code.I've had my charge port sensor replaced,and the module.

I just had the yellow MIL light come on yesterday. Stayed on for about 30 minutes (through two restarts) and then went away and hasn't come back. I'm about to take a 2,000 mile road trip and I don't need this. Any others out there that have had this pop up?

Back