Windshield Glass Distortion

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CdnEtron

I've noticed a very obvious distortion in the windshield. When I'm in the driver seat and look over to the passenger side (about 3/4 of the way over to the right) you can see a band of warping in the glass when you move your head side to side. In fact, I notice it when turning a corner also. Brought it into the dealer and the service manager agreed. He's setting up an appointment with the regional Audi rep to discuss replacement. I don't think I'm being overly picky. My last 3 Acuras had no such issue with the glass.

I noticed this a few months ago but never gave it much thought. I suppose I'm not bothered by the slight distortion as I look at that angle. The issue resides on both sides of the windshield, you'll just need to look at that proper angle.
It's obviously the curvature of the glass that the cause of it.
Would be interested to hear what your dealer says.

Well, that stinks but it's not hard to fix. When my wife picked up her new car (5 years ago now), we took it on a road trip that day and immediately got a crack in the windshield from a rock. :O

I think I've had pretty much every windshield fixed/replaced since I've moved to Houston.

Update: replacement windshield is in order. Audi agrees. This is not subtle...it's quite an obvious flaw. It distorts / warps objects like street signs, trees, buildings, etc

Holy crap its not just me...

My eyes have a hard time focusing looking directly ahead, just beyond halfway down there is a horizontal distortion. and off to the right there is another (even larger) distortion that is in the shape of a huge crescent.

And....... the side mirrors also are distorted, and I have to move them left, right, left, right, left, right... until the plastic evens out. Ugh!

CdnEtron":3m65xcm2 said:
Update: replacement windshield is in order. Audi agrees. This is not subtle...it's quite an obvious flaw. It distorts / warps objects like street signs, trees, buildings, etc

I agree it's obvious once you know it's there and what angle to look.
The distortion is present on the drivers and passengers side. so it's with the design or development of the windshield.

CdnEtron, where are you located? I'm in the GTA and if your dealership believes it's a flaw then I should consult mine and look to get it replaced (got a few little stone chips I'd like to get rid of).

I've noticed it on my windshield as well. Vertically down along the edge where the passenger sits. Doesn't really bother me. I'll just wait for the inevitable rock chips before I decide to do anything about it.

I got my slightly used A3 Etron a few months ago... I finally did a Google search. Yep my CPO A3 has a distorted windshield. I will contacting Audi now.

Jeff

Back