navigation routing error

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idk2016

For some reason,the MMI GPS removed voice guidance yesterday.Also,I am finding it doesn't consistently tell me WHICH side of the road my address is located.For a busy urban center,this is a problem given the limitations of uturns,or ability to turn left,or right during certain hours.

* * * UPDATE, you need to set the GPS to short versus detailed? for the system to tell you which side your address is on.

In my recent car,I had an Alpine INE-W957HD,where the HERE based GPS was accurate,and it didn't require a subscription.Real time traffic was pretty good,not Garmin good.The Alpine also had an arrow to physically indicate which side of the street your address is on,including distance.In addition to having a setting for quickest ,or shortest route.

I wanted the fully loaded A3 etron,but wasn't sure about the MMI since it would limit my ability to install a more capable in dash head unit that included navigation if necessary.

MMI map is now routing me away from the road I should have stayed on to reach my destination.Navigation database version:V03959800T 0048 NAR 2016.

Back