Cruise Control

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymccrory

Hi Everyone,

I have covered 1,200 miles in three weeks with the e-tron now.

One thing I can't work out - occasionally the cruise control does not work. Usually it does, but on some runs it will not come on, no matter what speed I'm at it will not set. I've tried moving the stalk around and making sure it is in the neutral position but still no joy. On the next run it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced that? Can anyone suggest an explanation other than a fault?

Cheers,
Andy

Sorry, I should have mentioned, it's standard cruise control not adaptive.

Yesterday morning on my way to the office, no cruise control. This morning, same journey, it worked fine.

I'm still getting intermittent cruise control problems, it was working fine over the weekend during two long trips but this morning, no joy.

I did however have a problem with satnav freeze yesterday, I had to cancel the route and load it again.

It might be a software issue, I’ll contact Audi and let you all know how it gets resolved.

No response from Audi, I'll keep trying.

I have noticed a pattern though, the cruise control appears not to work after I have pre-heated the car using Auxiliary A/C MMI Connect.

Are you trying to use cc when driving in EV mode?
I noticed that the cc only works with the ICE, so I believe it won't work in hybrid auto or EV modes.
Try cc in hybrid hold and hybrid charge modes and see if it works.

Ok. It wouldn't activate for me when I was in EV or Hybrid Auto modes! :?:
I'll need to try that again and see.

I haven't heard about such issues with the cruis contrl, but I am sure the dealer will have clear explanations if you visit them.

andymccrory":26aqrfcc said:
No response from Audi, I'll keep trying.

I have noticed a pattern though, the cruise control appears not to work after I have pre-heated the car using Auxiliary A/C MMI Connect.

I had been having problems with my cruise control not working at times as well. When I saw your post I tried turning on the auxiliary heating from etron connect and sure enough the cruise control didn't work. I've tried it several times and it is repeatable. I have been working with Audi customer experience on an issue where e-tron connect doesn't work in certain locations and mentioned the cruise control anomaly to them. They are looking into it along with my other issue.

I have not been back to the Audi dealer on this as it's not such a big issue and they are a long way away. I'll wait until the first service in a couple of months.

I just try to remember if I've used the remote A/C and if so I start the car, stop it and then start again and the cruise control works. It's a bit of a pain if I forget but I just need to wait until I hit traffic and then power down and back up.

Have had my prestige equipped with ACC incl/stop-n-go for about two weeks now and have noticed random braking (unrelated to ACC), as well as problems when I adjust the speed up or down (using the stalk) the car occasionally fails to slow down to a stop. Audi pre sense also seems to not work as I've gotten REALLY close to a few cars due to the aforementioned failures. Any thoughts?

OK, here is an update...

I had my e-tron serviced last week (6 months /9,000 miles) and mentioned the cruise control did not work after auxiliary A/C is used. The dealer said that it was a known fault that may be fixed on future software updates.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you remember to switch the ignition on, off, then on again the cruise control does work so it is not critical. In any case this is no great summer in UK so I don't need A/C at all, let alone auxiliary A/C! It may become more on an issue in winter though when I need auxiliary heating.

Here's another update - problem solved :D

Car went for a 20,000 mile service/oil change and the dealer fixed the problem.

They mentioned "Campaign 96E1" on one line of the service report but that might be something else, otherwise the report said... "checked Tpi's, carried out Relevant Software Update"

Back