Service campaign 93F1 High-Voltage Battery

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7m

Anyone gotten this service done?

From browsing the forum, looks like there have been other similar campaigns (not recalls), 93H4 and 93D2. 93F1 is what comes up for my VIN.

Description from Audi:

DESCRIPTION
It is possible that the high-voltage battery housing bonded seam was made in a non-optimal position. If this condition is present, moisture can enter the high-voltage battery housing. The driver may be alerted to this condition by the illumination of a high-voltage system warning indicator on the instrument cluster display.

REMEDY
Disassemble and inspect the high-voltage battery for corrosion. If no corrosion is found, install a new high-voltage battery housing. If corrosion is found, the high-voltage battery will be replaced.

I just had my car in for 40K mi service and the dealer said there was this recall. I declined for now because they said they need the car for a week. However, I think I'll wait until I get an error code or another battery problem before I have them take apart the car. No battery problems now. Maybe if I wait longer I'd get a new battery replacement rather than just the battery case.

I've had the service done along with the 40K service. Luckily the Audi dealer didn't find any corrosion and completed the service action within a day.

I took my 2017 in today, after making an online appointment at Audi of Oakland. The service people told me I could get in the queue for this campaign on Mar 15, 2021. No computer check in, but rather a piece of paper on a clipboard. 6 months wait for service is not very Audi like. Any suggestions.

Tarooka":2dxo2z5n said:
I took my 2017 in today, after making an online appointment at Audi of Oakland. The service people told me I could get in the queue for this campaign on Mar 15, 2021. No computer check in, but rather a piece of paper on a clipboard. 6 months wait for service is not very Audi like. Any suggestions.

Try Audi Burlingame. They told me they are doing them. Call first to be sure though.

I took my eton in for the recall in Aug. It was in the shop for 3 weeks. They replaced some parts but said there was no corrosion on the battery so they just put it back. The first week in Sept I was driving when I suddenly had no acceleration. I drove home at 3MPH and had it towed back to the dealer. They found the battery monitor control module was faulty and they replaced that, the battery (regular not and some wires and charged me $1,900.00 and another week without my car. Did any one else have these problems? I questioned the timing but was told it had nothing to do with the recall work they did. Does any one that knows about the systems in the Eton have any thoughts?
Thanks,

Awinston":2j7rhdgl said:
I took my eton in for the recall in Aug. It was in the shop for 3 weeks. They replaced some parts but said there was no corrosion on the battery so they just put it back. The first week in Sept I was driving when I suddenly had no acceleration. I drove home at 3MPH and had it towed back to the dealer. They found the battery monitor control module was faulty and they replaced that, the battery (regular not and some wires and charged me $1,900.00 and another week without my car. Did any one else have these problems? I questioned the timing but was told it had nothing to do with the recall work they did. Does any one that knows about the systems in the Eton have any thoughts?
Thanks,

3 weeks?? Did they give you a loaner for 3 weeks? And where are you located?

I was going to schedule mine pretty soon (2017) but I have to wonder if there might be a slight lack of knowledge/parts on the East Coast (I am in CT) since the majority of these seem to be on the west coast in the US. Just yesterday I saw another A3 e-tron for the first time since I bought the car in May.

I just scheduled mine here in CT. Also happy to find out that the prevous owner bought the Audi Care package, so my 40K and 50K service are free. Getting the 40K service done with the recall.

Great on the pre-paid service. The previous owner did that on my car as well.
I just don't understand someone buying 40 and 50K services on a 3 yr. leased vehicle. A nice bonus for us though..

I bought the car in May, they 30K service was done in February when the car had just over 21K on it. I'm now getting the 40K done as I have just over 31K on it now. We'll see how long the service takes, had to wait until 10/19 as that was the first appointment they had available with a loaner.

I'd wait on the 40K service and just go for the recall with only 31K. (unless you have a long commute to Audi dealer)
You're wasting 9K miles or almost a year of engine use having it done early.
You'd probably drive half of that on EV.
Find out when the service contract expires and then go closer to the 40K.

bruuster":gt4wm64g said:
I'd wait on the 40K service and just go for the recall with only 31K. (unless you have a long commute to Audi dealer)
You're wasting 9K miles or almost a year of engine use having it done early.
You'd probably drive half of that on EV.
Find out when the service contract expires and then go closer to the 40K.

Previous owner drove it under 22K in 3 years. I've driven 10K in 4 months, probably 40% of that on EV with my commute.

I was only going to do the needed oil change, but I'm OK using up the 40K service to keep in on the schedule it is on. For the first few years of its life it was on an annual schedule, now I'll keep it on the every 10K schedule. She said I get the 40K and 50K service free, so at this pace I'm still not paying for regular maintenance until late summer 2021.

Brought mine in Monday for the 40K, the 93F1 service, and some kind of software update. This morning I got a nice video from the Audi tech doing the service, telling me what has been done so far, showing me the status of my tires/brake pads, etc.

Then this afternoon I just got this text:

Hi Tim, this recall is more in depth than I had anticipated. The vehicle has to be inspected first before the parts are ordered. I guess each vehicle needs different parts. Stay in the loaner & I will keep you updated.

They gave me a 2019 A4 Allroad, which is nice...but I actually like the e-tron better!

Just got ANOTHER update that there is already an A3 e-tron in there for the same recall, and they only have one tech that is certified to perform the service. So I'm guessing it's going to be on the longer side.

I'm so glad for this forum! I came here to check for tire recommendations and found out about this recall issue. I had no idea - we were away from home for the last year and I guess I must have thrown away a letter in the big stack of mail, probably thought it was an advertisement.

I have a 2016, and now I have an appointment to get the service done in two weeks (they had to order the parts). The battery has been losing a bit of charge when it shouldn't (and had not, before) when running in ICE-mode, like on the highway. We'll see. I'll post again when it's done.

A bit disappointed to be having a major issue since our last car was a TDI.

Got it back yesterday (1 week), they found no corrosion and replaced the battery housing. Along with the 40K service and some kind of software update, I really can't tell any difference. I will say that the seats in my A3 are WAY more comfortable than the 2019 Allroad I drove for the week.

I have not. It has been behaving as it did before. Full charge says anywhere between 24-29 miles when I get in the car, which is exactly how it was before. Battery drains at about the same rate for the past 3 days.

My commute is 36 miles. On the way in, I always switch to hybrid when I get on the highway. At that point my battery left ranges anywhere from 14-20 miles depending on if I went to the gym that morning, got coffee, etc. I switch to battery only when I get a certain distance from work; my goal is to pull in with 0 battery left since I charge at work. I've been able to switch to battery only around the same spots as I was able to previously, and battery degrades at the same rate as it did before.

I am in Connecticut.

Back