Retrofit smartphone interface to 2017 that didn't get it?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegacEtron

So apparently my 2017 Premium Plus didn't get the smartphone interface, but got a credit on the window sticker, instead. Is this somethng that's possible to retrofit? (The credit was only $150, so how complicated could this device be?)

What do you mean by "smartphone interface"?
Is that something on the MMI display? The MMI cable?

I just bought one of these CarLinkIt kits from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q44QGRH?ps ... ct_details
I'll find out in a few days if it works, it's still on the way.

My car is a 2018 base model (premium?), and now that the A3-etron connect stopped working I've been trying to find out how I could retrofit Audi Connect to it. There's a few links in another thread, but I haven't found anything that would directly apply to this car. There's an app in OBDeleven to be able to connect to my cell phone's hotspot, but since this car had no sim card slot in the first place, I can't get to the menu to connect to my phone's hotspot.
I might have to buy the "pro" subscription so I can try some of the more involved things that people in Canada have done (since I guess they never had audi connect as an option).

Back