Drive shaft bolt

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etronTom

Recently, I found the head of a triple-square bolt on my garage floor. I discovered that it came from one of the bolts that attaches the driver shaft to the transmission. Originally, there were six such bolts, but now my drive shaft is being held in place by "only" five of them. My local dealer wants a ton of money to replace the bolt and a local, independent Audi shop wants half a ton of money. So, do you think it's imperative to have this bolt replaced? Has anyone else had this issue? Had the bolt head fallen off out of the road I would have never known that it broke off

Additionally, does anyone know if our cars have an open differential? If so, does anyone know which wheel gets the power from the engine/motor (ESC disengaged)? Usually, only one wheel gets the power from an engine or electric motor during normal driving on dry roadways - right wheel or left wheel, but not both at the same time.

Back