Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anyone managed to get their etron registered on the port
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:03 am 

Hi Everyone,

I tried to get my e-tron (delivered yesterday) registered on the portal.
I got the same "mileage does not match car" type of message others seem to have received.

You do need to enter a total of 6 digits otherwise it rejects immediately, I entered "000079" but at the end of the process I got the same message.

Thinking laterally, although it does request mileage I thought I might try KMs since the car will store both, so I entered "000126" and it worked.

I still don't have a connection but the registration process is now complete.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:08 pm 

Note that this portal is for European owners only. Apparently Audi is playing games with us, as the conditions for Canada and the US are different from those for Europe, and also from each other. Specifically, although Canada mentions the connect services in the manual, thee is no spot for a SIM card in the vehicle. Not sure how Audi Connect is supposed to work in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:44 am 

In Europe at least, you don't need a SIM card to connect to the car for basic services: charge state, remote AC switch-on, etc..

I thought that a SIM would be required, I used one to get it set up and you get in-car weather, wifi hub and so on. But then I took it out and the web portal connections and smartphone app still works.

I don't need the in-car stuff (more distractions) so I did not put the SIM back in and it all works fine without it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:40 pm 

andymccrory wrote:
In Europe at least, you don't need a SIM card to connect to the car for basic services: charge state, remote AC switch-on, etc..

I thought that a SIM would be required, I used one to get it set up and you get in-car weather, wifi hub and so on. But then I took it out and the web portal connections and smartphone app still works.

I don't need the in-car stuff (more distractions) so I did not put the SIM back in and it all works fine without it.

I haven't been able to do anything more than stream music from my phone, and display texts an emails. No e-tron functionality (and there does not seem to be an e-tron phone app in Canada).