Significance of Prod End 6/18?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bantar76

Apologies in advance of this question had been asked before as I searched but could not find any references. I have seen a number of 2018 a3 e-Trons referenced as "Prod End 6/18". What is the significance of this and are there any material differences in models not identified in this manner?

Thank you in advance
Jeff

Audi has stopped making the A3 etron. The 2019 model is an all electric SUV. So I guess production of the A3 version ended in June 2018.
I wanted a plug in hybrid, so that I can run it on pure electric around town, and as a hybrid on long highway trips, without the range anxiety of an all electric vehicle. It's working out well. I have run for 9 days at a time without using any gas, and gone on highway trips where I am averaging 4.2 litres per 100 kilometres..

On our last tank of gas, we did a long highway trip, and a lot of pure electric for a total of about 1000 kms, and it took less than 35 litres to fill up. So overall that's 3.5 litres per 100 k.

Back