More Newbie Questions

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmac

Getting ready to pick up my 2018 Premium Plus e-Tron. I already have a 220 outlet in my garage but it has the wrong receptacle (and it's different than my indoor dryer receptacle).
Browsing some user groups, it looks like I need to replace my current receptacle with a 240v. NEMA 6-50 one like the Levity 5374-S00 50 Amp 250V. which is listed as an Amazon Choice.
Does this sound right, or should I just wait to get the car and then have an electrician out to change the receptacle? (It seems like a bit of overkill if it's a simple switch-out, but I wouldn't want to mess up anything!). I'm getting mixed messages from the dealer.
Looking forward to learning about the new car on this user group.
Thanks

What is your location? If you're in North America, the answer could be different than if you're in Europe...

I am researching this problem, but without an answer yet.
The 220V plug supplied with the charger is uncommon in the US, but I have found a receptacle at the local electrical store.
I could replace the common (`i') receptacle, but then would be unable to use appliances with the "standard" plug configuration. I could install a larger box with both receptacles wired in parallel, but this would violate electrical code:
One receptacle per breaker. I suspect I will add another box to the control panel with a breaker and a plug.
This annoys me, but is likely the only way to avoid blame if any problem ensues.
I have searched the RV stores for an adaptor, without success. -Bruce Parker

Back