Stopped on slight grade, car rolls back while foot fro brake

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auldrobert

Owned this car for 48 hours. Twice the car has rolled back when I was at a stop on a slight grade when I took my foot off the brake to push the accelerator. Both times the battery had been drained ("Auto" gas mode). Am I doing something wrong? This is a bit dangerous. Reminds me of my old manual transmission days!

Auldrobert":d2q3mhzz said:
Owned this car for 48 hours. Twice the car has rolled back when I was at a stop on a slight grade when I took my foot off the brake to push the accelerator. Both times the battery had been drained ("Auto" gas mode). Am I doing something wrong? This is a bit dangerous. Reminds me of my old manual transmission days!

I believe this is "normal" as I have the same issue because of the dual driving mode it sort of acts like a manual transmission and that is also why the car shutters sometimes at low speeds trying to decide if it should use battery or engine mode. I don't believe there is a fix right now, but you should give the feedback to your dealer so that the more people that bring it up it would gain more traction in terms of getting a fix going.

In my 2 1/2 years experience driving the A3 e-tron I am aware that it rolls slightly on slopes but I believe that it does hold after a few feet, maybe not completely on steep slopes though.

However, I always use the electronic hand brake even on the flat so I don't see it as a problem (or a fault).

I've experienced a slight roll back but nothing significant, enough to " :shock: wake you up :shock: " though. :D

Thx for replies. We’ll just have to be aware and act accordingly. Now about the check engine light. Was on when car was being prepped for our pick up upon sale. Dealer cleared it. 48 hours later back in. Took it in. Just informed air condition compressor needs to be replaced . This is a brand new car!!!!!

Auldrobert":3rxtgn2u said:
Thx for replies. We’ll just have to be aware and act accordingly. Now about the check engine light. Was on when car was being prepped for our pick up upon sale. Dealer cleared it. 48 hours later back in. Took it in. Just informed air condition compressor needs to be replaced . This is a brand new car!!!!!

I see you have this question on another post.
For me I've had no issues with the AC in my 60,000 km of driving. In fact the Audi's AC is stronger than our other car, a Mazda 5.
I can only say that from experience, all cars regardless of make, have problems. Some minor and some, unfortunately, will be major. Consider the airbag recall.
As dealerships, machanics and auto experts will say, this is why there's a warranty.
I hope they fix it quickly and start enjoying your car.

Back