2019 model

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schan1w

Hi,

Does anyone know when 2019 model A3 Etron would be released in the US? Is there going to be any significant changes in 2019?

Thanks a lot.

Car and Driver reports in the Sept 2018 issue that the A3 etron is discontinued for 2019 in the us.

I got my 2017 eTron serviced today and I asked at Audi if they are producing another A3 eTron.... the response was “no, but Audi have not officially announced that they have killed it either, since it was super popular. The eTron now is the Q5 type SUV full EV that gets about 220 miles per charge”. That won’t be showing up until March-ish. Shame, because I like the sport back A3 shape and don’t want an SUV, but given the news about GM killing the Volt in favor of EV SUV’s it seems car makers are convinced that all Americans want SUV’s. ☹️

My guess is that there will be electric and hybrid options for the new A3. As far as I can see there have not been any announcements for the 2019 A3 but there are pics around the net of it being tested. I guess we will see if it is 2019 or later.

I bought my 2015 a3 etron about three or so months ago - on the day (oddly) that they discontinued the model in europe (general view is that the car was built to do well on the older emissions tests but probably doesnt on the new ones just out - but I dont actually KNOW if thats true) - its curious that the a3 line up seems dominated by 3 and 3.5l petrol engines all of a sudden.

I just got back from a short trip to Beijing which is stuffed with SUVs (many looking upmarket but by unknown chinese brands) but I have never seen so many 4 and 5.5l diesel quattros....... (all the scooters seem electric now and a numebr of the taxis are too)

Back