MMI bluetooth question

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKD2

Question regarding using phone through the MMI, connected with bluetooth.

If I'm having a handfree conversation and reach then end of my trip, is there a way to turn the car off yet continue the conversation uninterrupted while parked? Up until now I've just left the car on, but seems like there should be a better way.

The car will keep your call connected if you turn it off but still on auxillury power. If you open the door, which ulimately powers everything off, I believe your phone should automatically switch to another mode. But if you don't want to chance it, you can switch your phone from bluetooth to headset/speaker which will retain your call.

Do you mean that I can continue my handsfree conversation on axillary power? How do I turn off the engine and do this? For example, I reach my destination and park the car. I want to shut off my engine and continue my conversation through the MMI while parked.

If I turn off the engine, the MMI shuts down and my call audio immediately reverts to my cell phone speaker.

RKD2":1jptnryn said:
Do you mean that I can continue my handsfree conversation on axillary power? How do I turn off the engine and do this? For example, I reach my destination and park the car. I want to shut off my engine and continue my conversation through the MMI while parked.

If I turn off the engine, the MMI shuts down and my call audio immediately reverts to my cell phone speaker.

Interesting. If I turn off my car but don't open the door, the call continues on bluetooth (or the radio keeps playing). This continues for some period of time (~5 minutes or so?) or until I open the driver's side car door.

Back