Pre sense warnings not understaning how it works?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disconnect27

Hi there- first post here so bear with me on this one-and perhaps not understanding pre-sense on the car. I do have a call into Audi HQ (Danny is the nicest tech advisor ever by the way) My 2014 allroad only had the parking sensors and the 2018 etron is much more advanced in the pre sense tech.
(I have a 2018 Etron Premium Plus with Sport Pkg that we ordered and took delivery of in January)

I'll be a good 8 feet away from a vehicle coming up to a stoplight I have all the settings in pre sense turned to OFF. Heads up display is also put away- and the presense warning system comes up to check surroundings.

I have a steep driveway and when I start to come up the driveway- it also goes off- perhaps because it senses the incline as i make the turn up it? It's driving me nuts and i just want to best understand if the system is working correctly or not and my advisor at the dealership makes me feel like I'm a moron when I try to describe it to him.

I fully understand that its 2018 and we as a society are moving toward self driving cars and never thinking for ourselves any longer- but I purposely did not buy the Prestige package over the Premium package when I ordered the vehicle because I didn't want the full driver assist package to take away from my driving experience. Now this thing is driving me insane with the warnings all the time. I want to know if it's operating properly or if this is an over sensitive sensor that can be adjusted or not?

Thanks all-

That sounds like a sensor issue. My 2017 i'm pretty sure has the same setup, it will go off at about 1 meter clearance to the surroundings. It will go off on an incline at times, but the incline needs to be quite steep.

Ian

Back