cargo lights

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiparoo

There are 2 cargo lights in the rear sides of new 2018 etron premium plus but only one is wired for light. Is this normal. Otherwise 125 miles so far and loving it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's normal, disappointingly. Prestige owners might have a different arrangement.

I have a 2016 Premium Plus. When I took delivery, I noticed that I was only getting light on the right side of the cargo area, and made a mental note to mention it to the dealer. But upon closer inspection, I discovered the equivalent light "nub" on the left side of the cargo area doesn't even have a bulb or any wiring running to it (as also mentioned in the original post). It seems its only purpose is as a notch to hold up the cargo floor lid in the open position (and I wouldn't classify its holding effectiveness as confidence-inspiring, either). A light on both sides would have been nice, since the single one isn't quite as bright as I'd like. I suppose someone with some time on their hands could probably figure out how to retrofit one in there. All in all, the cargo area is the only part of the car that falls short of my expectations. I'd love lights on both sides, a 12v outlet, covered storage for the jack, a little more utility/finish in the existing side storage areas, and in my wildest dreams, a power hatch.

(UPDATE: Just did a quick search and found a 2016 Prestige for sale in Chicago. The photo of the rear cargo area clearly shows lights on both sides. Guess we didn't pay enough for that privilege! :D But now I believe there's a good chance one could get parts to add it if so inclined.)

Thanks for the info. by the way i was able to fit my jack in the passenger side rear compartment with no modification.

Chiparoo":28wysyfq said:
Thanks for the info. by the way i was able to fit my jack in the passenger side rear compartment with no modification.

I'll have to look into that again. Good to know it's possible.

2018 Prestige cargo area showing dual cargo lights

2h05.jpg

disappointing for audi to be so petty , what could it cost to put the second light. Wonder if you can buy it from parts and if its a plug and play

Back