(Outside) Temperature Sensor reading too high

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mondomike

Hi,
Anyone have any experience with the temperature reading for the outside?
My temperature readings are about +20 deg Fahrenheit over actual.
This corresponds (I think) with running my car (2016) through a car wash, and then going straight to 9 degree F outside.
thanks

The reading seems fine for my car (2016 model). I compare it occasionally with a friends Mazda3 and it's within 1 degree Celsius. The variance is expected seeing that they're further south in the GTA than where I am.
I would think that the warm/hot conditions of the car wash registered the temp inside the car wash. The sensors need time to adjust, I know driving out of my garage to a -10 degree C the readout will show it being "warmer than it really is" for a minute or 2.
If after a few minutes the car shows what is likely the correct temp outside, I think the cars sensor behaving properly.

Mine seems fine (2017) I compared it a few times with my weather app. They are usually withing a degree or so.

basically, the temp reads high for about 2d after the car wash, then returns to normal operation.
apparently the sensor is still wet/recovering for over a day after a wash

mondomike":30hmbzz2 said:
basically, the temp reads high for about 2d after the car wash, then returns to normal operation.
apparently the sensor is still wet/recovering for over a day after a wash

Weird, that doesn't happen to me. Went through a car wash the other day and a few minutes later the temp reading was ok.

Back