1st to 2nd gear click sounds

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a3etronman

Do you guys hear a click when the car is in EV mode when switching from 1st to 2nd gear...this is noticeable when starting from a complete stop and I really only hear it from 1st to 2nd gar. is this normal? Previous DSG cars I've had this is not at all noticeable although with gas or diesel engines the sound may be drowned out.

I drive a 2015 e-tron and the change from 1st to 2nd gear isn't really noticeable in EV mode. Definitely cannot hear any clicking noise. Might be worth getting it checked out

Thanks. Mine is also a 2015 with snot 20k milesIt’s a sound when the gear changes and the dealer tells me that it’s a normal transmission sound and you just can’t hear it in higher gears because of the wheel noise. Not sure I buy it. Thoughts?

Is it something that has recently developed? My car has 22,000km's (~13,500 miles) on it so not sure if this may be something that develops over time. Do you hear it every time? Do you hear it with the windows wound up?

I haven't had a car with a DCT before this one so I can't say I have too much experience on the matter. Wouldn't surprise me if the dealer was just trying to get out of fixing it though.

I can consistently hear it at a low level since right about 15k miles. When the gas engine is running it is pretty much drowned out. It may be normal over time with Dct transmissions and just not noticcbdle with gas engines. Not sure which is why I asked to see if anyone else noticed this. Let me know if you notice that’s later ;) I’ll ask again at the next service

Back