Radio audio automatically comes on every time I get in

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faldo

I thought I was nudging the volume knob with my leg but every time I get in and start driving i can hear the radio quietly whispering in the background and have to turn it off - this can't be right have I missed a setting somewhere?

Unless you intentionally turn off the radio (depress the volume button until it turns off) then the radio will remain at the level (volume) and station you had when you exited the car.
I don't recall any settings within the MMI that I can set to make the radio always turn off when I exit the car and not automatically turn on when I'm restart.

hangtime10":1kzcz40u said:
Unless you intentionally turn off the radio (depress the volume button until it turns off) then the radio will remain at the level (volume) and station you had when you exited the car.
I don't recall any settings within the MMI that I can set to make the radio always turn off when I exit the car and not automatically turn on when I'm restart.

Hiya, no it comes on even when it's been turned off before I last got out.

Faldo":lnrxk55v said:
hangtime10":lnrxk55v said:

Are you just giving the button a quick push? That only mutes the radio, doesn't turn it off. You have to push and hold the button to completely turn it off.

Faldo":3ds0o7v6 said:
hangtime10":3ds0o7v6 said:

Hmmm. I believe (as Arne stated) that you're only muting the radio and not turning it off entirely.
Next time try this. With the radio on and the screen up, depress the button until the screen retracts. Then start the car again and see if the radio comes on.
I'm sure owners of Audi cars will confirm that once the radio is off it stays off.

Here's my experience with a 2017 etron: You never turn the radio on or off, you can only mute or un-mute. The car has a short-term and long-term memory. The car remembers the mute status for the duration of the short-term memory - i.e. if you mute the radio, exit the car, and return shortly (I don't know the duration), the radio is muted when you turn on the car; however, if you leave the car for a long time the radio will come on when you turn on the car. If you turn off the MMI (by pressing the volume button and holding it), the car remembers even in the long term (the MMI will remain closed when you turn on the car) and the radio will not come on since the MMI is off (just retracting the MMI with the dash button isn't the same thing). The applies only when the last thing you selected in the MMI was Radio, Navigation, and I think Phone. If the last thing you selected was Media, the radio will not come on even in the long term since the audio source is Media.

Back