Can you turn the radio OFF?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bros225

2017 e-tron: I can find no way to turn the radio off. It appears that I can only mute it. That has some unwanted consequences. Here are a few:
- The radio comes on unexpectedly when you open the MMI.
- When using navigation, the volume knobs adjust the radio volume, not the voice guidance volume. The only way I have found to adjust the voice guidance volume is to use the volume knob at the same time that the voice is speaking!
- The radio comes on in other unexpected situations - for example, when I set the voice guidance volume in the voice guidance settings the radio comes on along with the "sample voice."!

Does anyone have this problem and a workaround?? I'd like to be able to turn the radio off for good and not have it intrude on so many occasions. Thanks!!! :(

In a 2016, a quick push of th volume button only mutes it, but push and hold turns it off completely. But that is for all MMI functions. The radio is not separate, so you can not use navigation without having the radio on. I do find this annoying myself.

Back