Tach in EV Mode

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB77

Hey folks - I've had my etron for about three months now and am starting to play with it a bit.

I have started to drive with the transmission in manual mode and noticed that the tachometer doesn't move in ev mode. This is with a virtual cockpit . The Tach does move once the ICE kicks in.

Having a manual mode without a Tach doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when the power is fed though the transmission so I wonder if I've screwed something up in the settings.

Anyone noticed this?

Laurence

The tach displays the RPMs of the ICE. If you are in EV, ICE is not running, so 0 rpm. Normal.

Thanks for the reply. One would have thought that it wouldn't have taken much effort to have developed some sort of a gauge to represent ideal shift points when driving in ev mode. OK maybe I shouldn't be surprised that manual mode isn't always gimmicky.

There are really no ideal shift points when driving in EV. It does not matter what gear you are in.

The only reason (I think) that it shifts gear in Auto EV is so that it is in the appropriate gear should the ICE need to kick in.

Back