Things I didn't know were features of the e-tron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hangtime10

Recently I noticed a couple of things that turn out to be actual features of the e-tron.

1) rear wiper: If you are reversing and your front wipers are activated (either manually or because the auto kicked in), the rear wiper will turn on to clear any water on the glass.
2) if you have set with the auto lights and turn on the fog lights, the full lighting will turn on.

I initially thought that the rear wiper turning on by itself was a "gremlin", as many people have stated VAG cars have electrical issues. To my surprise, it is a pretty neat feature.
I'm wondering if anyone else has anything else to add that I haven't come across yet.

Not able to program mine to dip. I saw the Audi videos on how to do it, but it didn't work for me.

There's also launch control on the e-tron. I tried to engage it but no luck. If anyone has, please let me know how it went.

I've seen videos and read the manual for the procedure, but nothing. :*(

The mirror dip feature is only available in the Prestige trim level A3 e-trons. Unfortunately, the salespeople, Audi Connect 800 number folks and service department at Audi could not give me a straight answer about this for 6 months of trying. Obviously, this does not reflect well on the Volkswagen/Audi corporation. I traded in my '16 Premium Plus for a '17 Prestige and, thankfully, can absolutely verify that the Prestige has the mirror dip feature. Apparently, the Prestige trim level must be ordered from the factory, so many of the Audi personnel say, "They're like unicorns. We've heard they exist, but we've never seen one."

Here in Canada MY 2016 had 3 trim levels, Ultra, Progressiv and Technik. I got the Technik. Doesn't matter which trim level none of them have the dip feature. Not sure about the 2017's.
I might invest in getting the ODBEleven so I can adjust some of the settings on my car, like Arne.
The one feature that I seldom use is the headlight washers. I'm told I have to hold the windshield wash for 3 seconds before the headlight ones kick in. That's a lot of fluid being used.

I really did not expect enabling mirror dip with OBDeleven on my '16 Premium to work, but happy it did.

My 2010 Golf Wagon has the reverse wiper feature... it's the little things that are keeping me in the VAG family!

I tried the mirror dip once with my ODBEleven but screwed it up somehow. Haven't tried again.

I did try launch control once and it was pretty impressive, though without traction control I mainly just managed to squeal the tires. It took off, though.

Back