Tire failure

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clluch

I've had the etron for two months and just blew up my second tire, first one on a bump, this one going over small rock on the road, my other car would have been just fine. Going to Tire man to change two tires, will ask for a good alternative and keep one of the continental as a spare after I buy a wheel. WTF! Is this happening to somebody else? Ha anybody replaced the tires?

No issues with my tires ('16 MY). I have the sport pkg, 18 wheels, which I drove for about 28,000 of my 34,000 kms (I use winters) that I've done so far.
This is going over the bad Toronto area roads.
What tires do you have?

I have had the E-tron for 12 months now and have had tire problems. Fist time unknown source but most likely a pothole - tire sidewall damage, second time hit curb at low speed when parking,- again sidewall damage, and now again curb hit when parking again at low speed -sidewall damaged.
Previously I had teh A3 TDI and drove it the same and never had this type of tire issue.
And yes occasionally the wheel/tire hit a curb while parking.
So there is IMHO an issue with the tire/rim relationship where hitting a pot hole or curb -even at speed parking speeds pitches the sidewall and ruins the tire.
I have Continental ConiEcoContact 205/55R16 V tires.

Maybe the 18" rims and tires are better.

Back