Transmission Issues Already?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughnlab

Etron owner with (10k miles) and it's at the dealer now with transmission issues. The car started to jerk in electric and in gas mode. It was almost like driving a car that was giving you whiplash. Took the car in Monday and the dealer was able to replicate the issue. In high-sight, I should have had the car towed. All of the software updates haven't worked, then the transmission computer was ordered and replaced, the issue still isn't fixed. Today the adviser called and the auxiliary cooler has to be replaced. Good thing it's under warranty but this can't be normal?

Has anyone had a transmission issue like this?

I otherwise really like the car (2016 US Plus/Sport, 26k mi with 60mpg long term average) but have had transmission issues, which I believe are correlated with the use of the hill climb feature and the regenerative braking system at low speeds.

See my post here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=173

It went away for the most part, between 15k and 25k miles. It's just come back a couple of times. Hard shuddering of the car at low speed (slowly up the driveway with my foot on the brake for example).

The service department said they couldn't recreate it, and I didn't either, on my short test drive. Dealer service advisor's advice based on my description: "Don't do that".

His answer wasn't super helpful to me. I'm not going to go faster up my driveway (running over my neighbor's kids and then shooting out onto a busy street) so I just live with it. I figure eventually something will break, and then a warranty repair could fix the problem. I am glad I leased.

Laughnlab":2oagzzhu said:
Etron owner with (10k miles) and it's at the dealer now with transmission issues. The car started to jerk in electric and in gas mode. It was almost like driving a car that was giving you whiplash. Took the car in Monday and the dealer was able to replicate the issue. In high-sight, I should have had the car towed. All of the software updates haven't worked, then the transmission computer was ordered and replaced, the issue still isn't fixed. Today the adviser called and the auxiliary cooler has to be replaced. Good thing it's under warranty but this can't be normal?

Has anyone had a transmission issue like this?

I have a 2017 with a little over 2,500 miles on it, I notice jerking when EV range is depleted and the car uses ICE. For example, if Im on a red light and I let got the brake I can feel the car jerk, jerking will go away when applying the gas pedal. Other issue that I have a little different than transmission is that the etron app does not sync with the car, starting to wonder if I should deal with this and the dealer.

You may want to take it to the dealer so you don't have the same issue I had. My car was at the dealer for 2 weeks until they figured it out. A computer part and the majority of the transmission needed to be replaced. I'm grateful it was under warranty.

Back